Often, as part of an office refurbishment, fit-out or relocation project, there are often requirements to replace or install office welfare facilities.
You must provide the right workplace facilities for everyone in your workplace, including people with disabilities. However this doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming.
Basic things you need to consider are outlined below.
Office Welfare Facilities - The Basics
- Toilets and hand basins, with soap and towels or a hand-dryer
- Drinking water;
- A place to store clothing (and somewhere to change if special clothing is worn for work);
- Somewhere to rest and eat meals.
To have a healthy working environment, make sure there is:
- Good ventilation – a supply of fresh, clean air drawn from outside or a ventilation system
- A reasonable working temperature (usually at least 16°C, or 13°C for strenuous work, unless other laws require lower temperatures)
- Lighting suitable for the work being carried out
- Enough room space and suitable workstations and seating
- A clean workplace with appropriate waste containers
First Office Systems can help you!
John Donegan heads up our Office Interiors team and has dealt with many projects since 1991
Our geographical area covers Kent, Sussex and London although we may consider projects slightly further afield depending on our workload.
As you can see from our web site and our case studies, we can bring real value to you on such projects with our expertise and experience.
Why not call us now for an initial chat and ask to speak to John on 01892 676000?
What our customers say..."Lifesure Group appointed First Office Systems to relocate our business together with the interior design, occupancy space plan and fit out of our new office building. The project included construction of all internal offices, the provision of power, installation of voice and data cabling, fit out of our communications room together with provision of a sophisticated telecommunications system and all the office furniture. Compliance with Building Control regulations was also undertaken on our behalf. First Office Systems provided professional project management with attention to detail ensuring our new building was completed on time and to a very high standard. We found all the staff to be very courteous and helpful. I would have no hesitation in recommending First Office Systems, indeed I have already done so."
Colin Barnes - Lifesure Group, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire